Portland Eye Exam; what you need to know
If you’re living in the PNW, then you’ve been getting plenty of our big ball of burning gas recently – the Sun!
As amazing the warmth may be, and as glorious the tan you’ll get… You need to protect yourself. Sunblock is a must, but what about your eyes?
Have you ever burned something with a magnifying glass as a kid? The sun’s rays flow through the lens and are concentrated in one spot. Resulting in a point of high-heat, burning whatever is in that area.
Your eyes are constantly working in this manner. Light is concentrated in the same exact way every time you open them. At the same time, light is bouncing around off of everything and it’ll bombard your eyes if you let it. That is why protection is SO very important.
Whenever you’re out and about, be sure to wear a good pair of sunglasses. Protecting your eyes is protecting your ability to see. As such, it’s protecting your ability to drive, to read. To see everything! We are so dependent on our vision and sometimes we take it for granted…
- Look for sunglasses that block 99 to 100 percent of UVA and UVB rays.
- Don’t choose glasses based on their “Darkness” Look for a quality lens material.
- When it comes to sunglasses, bigger is better.
- Always wear your sunglasses when you’re outside. Peak sunlight hours are between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Also, be sure to wear your sunglasses when you’re at higher altitudes. UV light can be especially intense there.
- A wide-brimmed hat helps to block UV rays from getting around your glasses.
Luckily, our selection of Sunglasses is not only efficient at blocking harmful UV rays… We have a big selection to choose from. Making sure that you can find exactly what you need and want. There are many different faces to pair glasses with. Eyes on Broadway a great group of people who are eagerly waiting to help you find the ideal pair.
Portland Eye Exam